Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A day in my life

I wake up every morning as the clock strikes seven

that is the time for me to spring into action

After a good night's sleep

it's time for some housekeep

Once the kids are scurried off to school

only then, do I find time to recharge my fuel

So after my first cup of tea

I get down to my other duty

Off goes the dirty laundry into the machine

which rattles everytime it spins, as a routine

I skip breakfast and do with something to munch

therefore, straight comes the turn for making lunch

A Herculean task, making food that is

once that is done, I feel at ease

Feeding the kids, seems like an era in history

and adds in plenty, to my misery

I return to the kitchen, to fix dinner

which takes place at nine, no sooner

Putting the kids to bed, is not so bad

having that accomplished, I do feel glad

With that, I bid my chores adieu

and retire to bed, without much ado.

No comments:

Post a Comment